Serving Size: 6-8 servings
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
4 cups vegetable or chicken stock (or water)
1 cup milk
4 cups thinly sliced leeks (about 5 large)
2 large potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled, cut into 3/4" pieces
1 Tblsp. powdered chicken stalk
salt to taste
1. Melt butter in heavy, large pot over medium-low heat.
2. Add leeks. Cook until leeks are translucent, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes.
4. Stir in stock(or water) and potatoes.
5. Increase heat to boil liquid.(stir occasionaly)
6. Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 35 minutes.
7. Working in batches, puree soup in blender.
8. Return soup to pot.
9. Thin with milk to desired consistency.
10. Season with salt and a little pepper.