Serving Size: 4 - 6
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
4-6 slices of pancetta cut into 1/4-inch wide strips
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 shallots, sliced
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup chicken broth
Salt to taste
1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian flat leaf parsley
1. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over moderate heat, add the pancetta.
2. Saute pancetta for 2 to 4 minutes then add the leeks, shallots, and garlic.
3. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes more, until the vegetables just soften and the pancetta is crispy.
4. Stir in the cream and broth and taste for seasonings (add salt if necessary).
5. Bring the sauce to a boil. Gently boil until the sauce is thick and creamy, 20 to 25 minutes.
6. Stir in the parsley before pouring over cooked pasta.