Serving Size: 6
3 cups milk
1 tablespoon chopped carrot
1 tablespoon chopped celery
1 tablespoon chopped onion
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1/2 bay leaf
1/4 teaspoon black peppercorns
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
dash ground nutmeg
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup grated Wisconsin Romano cheese
12 ounces un-cooked rigatoni (cooked and drained)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1. Combine milk, carrot, celery, onion, parsley, bay leaf, hot pepper sauce, peppercorns and nutmeg in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Strain and reserve milk.
4. Melt butter in another medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour.
5. Gradually stir in reserved milk. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
6. Remove from heat and add Parmesan, Romano cheeses stirring until blended well.
7. Combine cheddar and mozzarella cheeses in medium bowl and blend in pasta.
8. Place 1/2 of the pasta mixture in buttered casserole dish. Sprinkle cheese over top.
9. Place remaining pasta mix and cheese top with chili powder. Bake in preheated oven at 350 oven for 25 minutes or until bubbly.