Serving Size : 4
1.5 litres Chicken stock
2 x 3 oz (90 g) boneless, Skinless chicken breast
1 tsp Whole black peppercorns
1 Dried bay leaf
1 Sprig fresh rosemary or Thyme
2 sm Leeks, sliced
1 Carrot, chopped
2 oz (60 g) macaroni
1 sm Red pepper, de-seeded and Chopped
1 tb Chopped fresh thyme
Salt and freshly ground
4 tsp Grated parmesan cheese, to Serve
1. Place the stock in a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Add the chicken breasts, peppercorns, bay leaf and sprig of rosemary or thyme.
3. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
4. Using a slotted spoon, remove the chicken from the saucepan and leave
until cool enough to handle.
5. Strain the stock and return the liquid to the saucepan.
6. Add the leeks, carrot and macaroni to the stock.
7. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, slice the chicken breasts in small pieces and add them to the broth along with the red pepper.
9.Simmer for 1 0 minutes more, until the vegetables are tender.
10. Stir in the chopped thyme and season to taste with salt and pepper.
11. Serve in warm soup bowls and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of parmesan cheese over each serving.