Serving Size: 15
1 cup minced mushrooms
2 cloves garlic -- minced
1/4 cup minced onion
1/4 cup sherry
1 teaspoon olive oil
3 tablespoons chopped parsley
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup grated low-fat mozzarella cheese
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 pound finely minced smoked turkey or ham -- trimmed of fat
15 sheets filo dough
1/3 cup unsalted butter -- melted
1. In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute mushrooms, garlic, and
onion in sherry and olive oil until soft. Add parsley, feta, mozzarella,
oregano, thyme, and turkey. Remove from heat.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil two 9- by 12-inch baking sheets.
3. Lay filo dough on a clean, dry surface. Cut each sheet in half widthwise to make 30 smaller sheets. Stack them evenly on top of each other, and cover with a piece of plastic wrap and a slightly dampened dish towel as you do the next step.
4. Butter 1 sheet and cut into 3 long strips. Lay the 3 strips on top of
each other. Place about 2 tablespoons of filling in the lower right section near the edge. Fold bottom right corner of filo over filling to meet left edge, creating a small triangle. Continue folding pastry, as you would a flag, until you reach the top. You will end up with a triangle-shaped pastry.
5. Lightly butter top of filled triangle and place on prepared baking
sheet. Repeat process until all the filling has been used.
6. Bake pastries until golden (20 minutes). Serve warm.