Serving Size: 16
1 small head cabbage
1 Tablespoon oil
1 cup chopped onions
1 can (1 lb.) tomatoes -- broken up
3 beef bouillon cubes
1 cup water
5 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce -- divided
1 pound ground lean beef
3 Tablespoons raw rice
2 Tablespoons water
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1. Pour boiling water over cabbage to cover; let stand for 15 minutes.
2. Remove leaves; set aside.
3. In large saucepan heat oil. Add onions; saute' for 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, bouillon cubes, water and 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce.
4. Bring to boiling point. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile mix beef, rice, egg, water and remaining 2 teaspoons Worstershire sauce.
6. Place a tablespoonful on each cabbage leaf; tuck in sides and roll up.
7. Place extra cabbage in sauce. Arrange stuffed cabbage on top, sprinkle with brown sugar. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
8. Uncover and simmer until sauce is slightly thickened, about 20