Serving Size: 4
8 Lamb cutlets/chops
1/2 oz Fat/oil
4 oz Button mushrooms
4 tb Redcurrant jelly
2 tb Worcester sauce
1 Lemon, juice
1 tb Flour
300ml Stock (or less)
Salt & Pepper
1. Trim cutlets and brown on both sides in fat or oil.
2. Slice the mushrooms and soften them in the same pan.
3. Put the meat & mushrooms in a casserole.
4. In a small pan, heat worcester sauce, redcurrant jelly and lemon juice. Blend together.
5. In the remaining fat in the pan, fry the flour until it is golden - 10 mins on gentle heat. Stir in the mixed liquids. Bring to boil, stirring.
6. Add enough stock to make a thick sauce.
7. Season to taste and strain over cutlets.
8. Cook in pre-heated 170 C oven till tender (1 hr or so).
9. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.