Serving Size: 6
1 lb Very lean pork
1 ts Seseme oil
1 ts Dark brown sugar
2 tb Dry sherry (optional)
3/4 lb Skinned chestnuts
5 tb Soy sauce
1 lb Fresh leaf spinach
1.Cut the pork into small bite size cubes and place in frying pan with 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
2. Remove residue and cover tightly and simmer for an hour.
3. Place the chestnuts into a large pan with enough water to cover, and bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for an hour.
4. Drain the chestnuts and add to pork meat with the soy sauce, sherry and
dark brown sugar. Cook slowly for an additional 25 minutes.
5. Wash the spinach very thouroughly and drain. Place into frying pan or wok along with 1 Tablespoon of the liquid from the pork and 1 teaspoon seseme oil.
6. Set heat to high and cook for approx. 5 minutes stirring constantly.
7. Place the spinach into a deep dish; place pork on top of spinach and pour the juices over top. Serve very hot.