Serving Size: 4
1 cup Long-grain rice;cook,no salt
1 cup Cooked ham; bite-sized
1 md Celery rib; chop fine
1 sm Onion; chop fine
6 oz Fontina cheese; shredded
1/3 cup Frozen peas; thawed
2 tb Parmesan
1 tb Parsley; chopped
1/2 ts Salt
1/2 ts Pepper
1/2 cup Dried bread crumbs
1 lg Egg
14 oz Jar diavolo or marinara-sauce
1. In processor blend ham until ground.
2. In 2tb hot oil, cook celery and onion until very tender.
3. Remove skillet from heat; stir in cooked rice, ham, fontinia, peas, Parmesan, parsley, salt and pepper.
4. Divide rice mixture into 12 equal portions. With hands, shape into a ball.
5. Place bread crumbs on waxed paper. In pie plate, beat egg.
6. Dip balls in egg, then into crumbs to coat.
7. Wipe skillet clean, add 1/2 cup hot oil, cook balls, turning frequently, until evenly browned and heated through, about 15 minutes.
8. To serve, heat sauce until hot. Serve rice balls with sauce.