3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup all purpose flour or 3 Tbs cornstarch
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups milk
3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
2 Tbs butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 9-inch baked pastry shell
(meringue made from the leftover egg whites, optional)
1. Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a saucepan. Add milk gradually.
2. Cook, stiring constantly, over medium heat until bubbly.
3. Cook and stir an additional 2 minutes and remove from burner.
4. Stir small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks, immediately add egg yolk mixture to hot mixture and cook for 2 minutes, stiring constantly. Remove
5. Add butter and vanilla and stir til smooth.
6. Slice 3-4 bananas into the cooled baked pastry shell.
7. Top with pudding mixture and spread meringue (if desired) on top of the pie.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Cool and serve.