1 1/4 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
1/4 cup unsalted Butter, melted
1 1/4 cups +6 tbsp Sugar
1/4 cup Cornstarch
1/4 cup Key Lime Juice
1 tsp grated Lime Zest
3 large Eggs, separated
1 1/2 cups Boiling Water
1. In bowl, combine crumbs and butter. Mix well; press over bottom and
sides of 9" pie plate.
2. Bake at 350 for 8 minutes; cool.
3. In saucepan, combine 1 1/4 cups sugar, cornstarch, lime juice and zest; mix well. Whisk in egg yolks.
4. Gradually stir in the boiling water until blended.
5. Over medium-high heat, bring to boiling, whisking. Cook, whisking for
4 minutes, until thick.
6. Pour into bowl; stand bowl in larger bowl of ice and water to cool mixture. Pour filling into crust.
7. Raise oven temperature to 425.
8. With electric mixer, at high speed, beat egg whites, adding remaining sugar 1 tbsp at a time, until stiff.
9. Spread over filling to cover completely.
10. Bake 4 minutes or until golden.
11. Chill at least 8 hours.