1 lb. frozen puff pastry
Beaten egg replacer
2 large onions, chopped
4 t. margarine
3 1/4 cup Brazil nuts, finely ground
2 2/3 cup fresh fine bread crumbs
1/2 t. dried thyme
3 t. lemon juice
Egg replacer equivalent of 2 eggs
Pinch each of: Grated nutmeg, ground cloves, and ground cinnamon
Salt (optional) and freshly ground pepper
2 2/3 c. fresh fine white bread crumbs
1/4 c. chopped parsley
Grated rind of one lemon
1 T. lemon juice
1 t. each dried thyme and marjoram
1 t. grated onion
6 t. margarine
Water if necessary (to prevent sticking)
8 clementine halves filled with cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. To make the nut roast, saute the onion in the margarine for 10 minutes, until soft but not browned.
3. Remove from heat and add the remaining nut roast ingredients.
4. Make the stuffing by mixing all the ingredients together into a soft mixture that holds together.
5. Roll out the pastry on a floured board to a 12 x 14 inch rectangle.
6. Form the stuffing into a sausage about 10 inches long and place down the middle of the pastry.
7. Pile the nut roast mixture all over the stuffing, covering it.
9. Mark a lattice design on the top.
10. Make one or two seam holes, decorate with pastry trimmings, and
brush with beaten egg replacer.
11. Bake for 30 minutes, until crisp.
12. Garnish with clementine halves filled with cranberries and thyme sprigs.