1 lb. firm tofu
1 T. olive oil
1 t. pressed garlic
1/2 c. sliced green onions
1 T. pastry flour
1 T. nutritional yeast (optional)
1/2 t. plum vinegar or brown rice vinegar
2 t. teriyaki sauce or light soy sauce
1 T. lemon juice
1. Cut tofu crosswise in 1/4" slices, then cut slices in 1" segments.
2. Heat wok or large non-stick skillet and add oil and garlic.
3. Add tofu immediately and stir fry for 1 minute.
4. Add green onions and stir fry 1 minute longer.
5. Dust tofu and onion mixture with flour and yeast.
6. Stir fry for 2 minutes more, allowing tofu pieces to brown and crisp slightly.
7. Add vinegar and teriyaki sauce, then stir fry until completely absorbed.
8. Add lemon juice and stir fry 2 minutes longer.