1/2 cup veggie oil
4 medium onions (chopped)
1 cup uncooked rice
1 cup parsley (minced)
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 cup water
3/4 tsp. allspice
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. salt (or less/ to taste)
1. Saute onions in the oil until browned.
2. Add rice and cook on a low heat for 20 minutes (covered), stirring occasionally.
3. Add all other ingredients (except grape leaves) and cook for 5 minutes. 4. When it has cooled a little, use approx. 1 tsp. of filling per grape leaf and roll up, as for a burrito. The filling should be totally enclosed.
5. To cook, line a large pot with grape leaves and arrange the Stuffed Grape Leaves in the pot.
6. Put a plate on top to keep them from floating up, and cover with water.
7. Simmer for about 1 hour.