2 Tbsp oil from dried tomatoes packed in oil
1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
1 lb large (31-35 per pound) shrimp, shelled and deveined
1/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
1/3 cup dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and cut into slivers
1/4 tsp ground white pepper
1 cup regular-strength chicken broth
3/4 cup dry vermouth
1 cup whipping cream
10 oz dry linguini
freshly grated parmesan cheese
1. In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, combine oil and garlic.
2. When hot, add shrimp and cook, stirring often, until opaque in center (cut to test), about 6 minutes.
3. Lift out and set aside.
4. To the pan, add onion, basil, tomatoes, pepper, broth, vermouth,
and cream. Boil on high heat, uncovered, until reduced to about 1 1/2
cups, about 10 minutes.
5. Add shrimp and stir until hot.
6. Meanwhile, in a 4- to 5-quart pan, cook pasta in 3 quarts boiling wateruntil just tender to bite, about 8 minutes; drain well.
7. Add cooked pasta to sauce and lift with 2 forks to blend and serve.
Offer cheese individually.