1 small onion, peeled
3 bay leaves
200 grams smoked salmon
250 milliliters milk
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
250 milliliters cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 teaspoons gelatin
3 egg whites
1 cup parsley, chopped
1/2 cup chives, chopped
Fennel for garnish
Cucumber for garnish
Lemon slices for garnish
1. Heat milk with one small peeled onion, eight peppercorns and 3 bay leaves until nearly boiling. Leave to stand for 30 minutes and strain.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan, add flour, mix to a roux then make into a white sauce with warmed strained milk.
3. Dissolve 3 teaspoons gelatin in 3 tablespoons boiling water.
4. Chop smoked salmon, and mix together with mayonnaise, gelatin, parsley, and chives.
5. Whip cream and fold in.
6. Whisk up egg whites and fold in.
7. Add salt and fine black pepper to taste.
8. Pour mix into moulds and refrigerate overnight.
9. Tip out onto plate and serve with fennel fronds, cucumber and lemon slices.