For the Marinade
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
6 cloves minced/crushed garlic or 1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons peanut oil or safflower oil
For the Stirfry
1/2–1lb top round steak, cut about 3/16 " thick
1 1/2 cups snow peas
1 cup carrots, sliced thinly
1/2 cup onions, sliced thinly
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 cup water, for veggies
2 teaspoons cornstarch, mixed in water
1/4 cup of cold water
1. Combine liquid marinade ingredients in a 2 cup heat proof measure, heat in the microwave (or in a pan of hot water) just enough to thin the honey, stir to combine, add spices, stir.
2. Allow to cool.
3. Meanwhile trim all fat from beef, slice up meat, place meat and marinade in a 1 gallon ziploc bag, remove all air from bag and refigerate for 4 to 48 hours.
4. Remove meat from marinade, drain in collander, reserve strained marinade!
5. In a wok or large skillet over medium/high with teaspoon of sesame oil (just enough to coat pan when wiped with a paper towel) cook meat until lightly browed stirring constantly.
6. Pull meat from center of pan and add chopped vegetables and 1/4 cup of water.
7. Cover and bring to a simmer.
8. Cook until veggies are tender, about 5 minutes or until desired tenderness is reached, be sure to stir every few minutes after the first 5.
9. Remove meat/veggie mixture, pour reserved marinade into pan, bring to a boil.
10. Allow to boil for a minute or two to kill any bacteria that was present from the marination process.
11. While stirring constatly slowly pour cornstarch mixture into heated marinade until desired thickness is reached it may not take all the cornstarch.
12. Just GO SLOW as once the thickening process starts it happens almost instantly.
13. Add meat/veggies back into the sauce, toss to mix and coat, pour onto a serving platter.
14. Serve with white rice.