6 large green peppers, tops off, reserved, seeded, ribs out
olive oil (just enough for sprinkling after cooking)
fresh lemon juice (just enough for sprinkling after cooking)
1 1/4 lbs lean lamb fillets, ground
1 medium onion, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 oz pine nuts
2 oz raisins, soaked in boiling water for 5 min & drained
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
salt & pepper
1. Blanch the peppers in boiling water for 1 minute, drain.
2. Fry the lamb and onion in the oilive oil until the lamb is lightly colored.
3. Add nuts, raisins, spices, mix well and saute 1 minute, season with salt& pepper Stuff the peppers, set into a well greased baking dish.
4. Put the caps back on.
5. Bake in 375F ovenfor 30 minutes.
6. Sprinkle on the lemon juice and olive oil, not too much.
7. Serve hot ot cold.