Serving Size: 4
2 whole skinless boneless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons chicken stock
1 1/2" ginger root slice -- minced
1 garlic cloves -- minced
1 cup almonds -- ground
6 cups peanut oil
1. Wash chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Cut into strips 1/2" wide by 3" long.
3. Stir soy sauce, rice wine, chicken stock, sugar, cornstarch, ginger, and garlic together.
4. Place chicken in marinade, turning to coat. Marinate at least one hour, turning chicken after half an hour.
5. Remove chicken from marinade and drain on paper towels. Beat egg slightly with 1/2 teaspoon water.
6. One by one, dip chicken pieces in egg and roll in almonds to coat. Let almond coated pieces set for 15 minutes.
7. Heat oil to 350. Fry chicken pieces in batches one layer deep until crisp, golden brown. Be sure to let oil come back up to 350 between batches.
8. Drain on paper towels and serve at once.