2 cups lentils
1 tsp salt
1 tsp oregano
1 clove garlic, minced
1 bay leaf
1/2 cup red wine or balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted (optional)
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1/3 cup sliced scallions
1. Combine lentils with 4 cups of water in pot.
2. Peel carrot and cut in half. Stud carrot halves with the cloves and add to the lentils. Stir in salt, oregano, garlic and bay leaf.
3. Cover and bring to a boil. Simmer 15 minutes. Drain. Discard carrots, cloves, and bay leaf.
4. Whisk together the vinegar and olive oil. Toss with lentils in large mixing bowl.
5. Cool or chill before adding cherry tomatoes, almonds, parsley, feta cheese, and scallions.
6. Cover and chill until ready to serve.