10 ounces ground lamb
1/2 cup chopped onion
3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 warm large pita breads
1. Combine first 8 ingredients in medium bowl; blend well.
2. Shape lamb mixture into four 1/4-inch-thick patties.
3. Heat heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add lamb patties and saute until brown and just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
4. Cut each pita bread in half; fill each half with lamb patty.
5. Mix chopped cucumber and tomato into plain yogurt for spooning into the pita.
Makes 2 servings