Serving Size: 4
3 pn Five Spice Powder
2 tb Dry sherry or sake
2 tb Light soy sauce
1 Garlic clove, crushed
1 Piece ginger root, peeled, chopped (1")
1 lb Pork tenderloin, cut in thin strips
1/4 c Corn oil
1 Red bell pepper, seeded, cut in thin strips
1 Green bell pepper, seeded, cut in thin strips
3 oz Button mushrooms, sliced
6 Canned whole water chestnuts, sliced
2 ts Cornstarch
2/3 c Chicken stock
Leek curls (opt)
Green onion curls (opt)
1. In a bowl, combine Five Spice Powder, sherry, soy sauce, garlic and ginger.
2. Add pork, stir well and let stand 30 minutes.
3. Cut onions in eighths and separate in layers.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet or wok. Drain pork, reserve marinade. Add pork to oil and stir-fry 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
5. Add remaining oil to skillet. Add onions, bell peppers, mushrooms and water chestnuts. Stir-fry 3 minutes.
6. Add vegetable mixture to pork. Blend
cornstarch with reserved marinade and 2 tablespoons of stock.
7. Add remaining stock to skillet and bring to a boil. Add cornstarch mixture and cook 2
minutes, stirring constantly. Add pork and vegetables to stock and heat through, stirring constantly. Garnish with leek and green onion curls, if desired, and serve hot.